Tuesday, June 23, 2009

TAG

While I haven't been tagged, I thought I'd join in on the fun!

What's your favourite make up look?
I am most partial to natural looks. Beautiful flushed cheeks, pinky lips and long curly lashes are all I need to feel put together and pretty. I have, though, recently added a little bit of winged eyeliner to this look. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it.

Do you have a beauty vice?
I would have to say my nails. I redo them every time they chip. I can't stand to have untidy nails. I also am crazy about lip balms. I have quite dry lips naturally so I try to keep them hydrated.

What part of your body do you love?
I quite like my cheekbones (thanks mom). While my skin isn't perfect, I only get the occasional breakout. I get quite a lot of compliments on it usually, so I like my skin quite a bit.

Who is your beauty icon?
Audrey Hepburn and my mother. Audrey because she is graceful, innocent and sexy. My mom because she is strong and effortless. She wears almost no makeup and is still as beautiful now as she ever was.

What beauty product makes you feel instantly sexy?
Mascara. My eyelashes are usually very straight and thin. Mascara thickens, curls and lengthens--instantly framing my eyes which are the most expressive part of the face.

How do you look after your skin?
I'm sure I could be better about it. I cleanse twice daily with a myriad of different products. After I get sick of something, I switch it up which is why I have so many cleansers on my counter. I tone when I can be bothered. I do, though, religiously moisturize with Philosophy's Hope in A Jar for sensitive skin. I have very very VERY dry skin and this is the only product I have found that rids me of the itchy, dry feeling and the yucky flakes that go along with it.

What is your signature scent?
I don't have a signature scent. I am a perfume lover but my sister is unfortunately allergic to most perfumes (or so she says) and since we live in the same house, I am not usually allowed to wear any. It is most unfortunate for me, because I have acquired a small collection and I stopped purchasing new ones because they just sit on my dresser. But I love florals for spring and summer and woodsy/spicey scents for the winter. Right now I am loving Victorias Secret Sexy Little Things Noir.

What are your hair care secrets?
I'm not too fussy with my hair. I use whatever shampoo/conditioner is in the shower. Every few weeks, though, I use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any product buildup. I don't use much product to style. I use some Biosilk which I am told is almost exactly the same as CHI Silk Infusion. I let it air dry when I want to keep my natural waves and blow dry it straight when I want a more sleek look. I've weened myself off the straightening iron the passed few years. I only use it when I want to get kinks out of my hair.

How do you pamper yourself?
I give myself regular manicures and pedicures. When I really want to pamper myself, I'll take an entire afternoon off from everything else, and give myself a facial, soak in the tub, use all my lotions and potions--just really relax.

What is your beauty pet peeve?
It really bothers me when people wing out eyeliner wayyy too much. I hate lipstick on teeth. Chipped nails. Excessive glitter. Birds nest hair. Yucky feet. Too many things.

What would your desert island must haves be?
The highest SPF I can find (SPF 100 so far), mascara, a cream blush, concealer, and chapstick.

Finally, do you have a beauty philosophy?
Less is more and highlight your best features.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, nice tag! IS there anyone you would like to tag?
Take care!

Kiki said...

Of course, you are right! I tag everyone that wants to do it! (yourself included!)
xoxo